Thursday, November 19, 2009

Interview with 3 Stitch Creations

You are going to love today's interview from 3 Stitch Creations because they've got some great things for sale in their shop that would be perfect for the upcoming holiday gift giving season. Also, it's a family effort...and I think that is wonderful! Check out the interview below and leave a comment to win some cute mittens!
TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF: We are a family effort. Nancy (mom) creates beautiful, luscious afghans that are completely machine washable. Marci (big sister) brings a variety of talents for contributions like bags, quilts, ornaments, wall hangings and an abundance of embroidery items like bibs, onesies, and artwork. Megan (little sister) rounds out the trio with additional quilts bags and wall hangings. Together we are 3 Stitch Creations. Located in Reynoldsburg, Ohio, we have settled here from various parts of the US and combined we have many decades of experience and love for our crafts.

WHAT KIND OF ITEMS DO YOU SELL IN YOUR ETSY SHOP: afghans, quilts; including rag, wall and traditional; embroidery, totes, purses, and other accessories. But we specialize in doing custom orders! We all tend to get to get bored doing the same things repetitively, so being able to work with the customer to find just the colors, fabric, etc makes the process fun and exciting.
WHAT BROUGHT YOU TO ETSY: It looks to be a good beginning outlet for our business.

HOW DO YOU PROMOTE YOUR SHOP: many ways; word of mouth, telling everyone we know and meet, carrying our own work with us, handing out business cards, utilizing the networking sites like Facebook and Twitter, joining teams like Etsy Team Columbus, and occasionally ads. Still working on finding new networking opportunities.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ITEM IN YOUR SHOP RIGHT NOW: the set of 4 silhouettes along with the mittens.
WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SHOP GOALS IN THE NEXT SIX MONTHS: continue to expand, would love to have 5 sales a week.
FAVORITES: (Marci) Sewing and crafting have always been my favorite past time. Mom having passed that love of creating on to us girls. As my own children grew up I helped share this love with them and other children by being a 4H leader for 10 years. Now that my children are adults living out of state and I no longer work outside the home, I am able to do what I love. I do take time each day to spend with my husband and our 2 Italian Greyhounds.
..........
(Megan) Gracious, there's tons I love, and then there's time to actually do them. It never seems to get balanced. I love spending a warm sunny afternoon on my deck reading. I am usually chasing after one of our 3 girls - 16 year old learning to drive or 4 year old twins. I adore spending time with my husband, watching TV or going out to eat. I'm excited about finally putting into motion my families love for creating and being able to help others create the perfect gift. I'm looking forward to all the kids being in school full time to have a few extra minutes to get some things actually finished and maybe figure out more about blog designs, etc.
...........
(Mom) I am enjoying retirement. My husband and I have plans to travel in our RV, heading for warmth during the winter. I am able to take my yarn with me and it's fun to pick out new colors and decide how to put them together. The process is also therapy for my arthritis and keeps my hands limber.
What a great interview and creative family behind the business. Thanks ladies! 3 Stitch Creations is having a giveaway of a pair of Christmas mittens. Here are the details.
....................
Giveaway item: A pair of Christmas mittens, like the picture above. Your choice of color.
How to Win: Leave a comment on this post
Contest Ends: Winner will be announced Monday at noon (EST). Leave your comment before then!

6 comments:

Melsclay said...

Such a cool group of ladies, it is nice to see!

amys painted house and more said...

Nice to learn a little more about all of you. Welcome to our group. It is nice to have you all. Your items are just lovely!

Two Peas in a Pod Homegrown Designs said...

Uber cute mittens! Love 'em!

Sydney said...

Such cute stuff in the shop, I can't choose my favorite between the mittens, the Rainbow Hand Turkey Wall Hanging and the Sage Green Celeste Bag with matching Fob.

gedert said...

these look great! what a great trio!

Michelle Thomas said...

it's nice to learn about other ETC members. Great interview and LOVE the cute mittens :)