Monday, September 21, 2009

Interview with Andrea Baker

I'm back this week with another great interview from an Etsy Team Columbus member. Andrea has a fabulous shop full of goodies...handbags, hair accessories, and other sewn items. Check out the interview and then pop on over to her shop and buy something nice for yourself! Like this, or this! Tell Us About Yourself: Hi there! My name is Andrea Baker and I love to sew. I've been sewing for many years now. My passions migrate from paper crafts to sewing to embroidery to many other things. I love to create unique pieces for you to enjoy.
What Kind of Items Do You Sell In Your Etsy Shop: My shop has business card cozies, checkbook cozies, aprons, hair accessories, and much more.
What Brought You To Etsy: I've been on Etsy since November of 2006. I was looking for a venue to sell the items I was making and just happened upon the site. What luck!
How Do You Promote Your Shop: I promote my shop in several ways. Blog, Plurk, Twitter, Facebook, word of mouth. Social networking is a great tool to use for promoting business.
What Is Your Favorite Item In Your Shop Right Now: Right now I'm really into working with feathers and fabric. You'll see a lot of feathered hair accessories in my shop these days.
What Is Your Biggest Shop Goal In The Next Six Months: In the next six months I'd like to see business pick up about 3 times as much as it has been in the last six months. I really enjoy sharing my creations with the world so having you wear my items is really a great thing.
Favorites: My favorite food is bananas, I love romantic movies, and I've just begun doing yoga and I'm really excited about it. There is something to be said about finding your center and really developing it. It's a great thing!

8 comments:

maryeb said...

Nice feature. I especially like reading her Favorites.

Christie Y Brown said...

Congrats Andrea!!!! Great Feature

Mary said...

I really love visiting Andrea's Shop. I have purchased, a Business Card Cozy, A check Book Cozy and a Consultant Tote! I am looking at getting another Consultant Tote! I really love the Customer Service that I have received and her work is high quality at a very reasonable price. She puts a lot of her creativity into making your custom orders. I really recommend shopping from Andrea!

Kathy G said...

Congratulations!Andrea, great post. I have to treat myself to one of your biz card cozy

Debbi said...

Makes me proud to be Andrea's mom!

CraftingWit said...

I love Andrea's works of art!!! I already own a purse, and am eagerly awaiting my consultant tote! In fact, I love her stuff so much, I've offered to sell some of it in my booth at a couple of local craft shows!!!! Can't wait to see all the goodies on my doorstep!

amys painted house and more said...

Nice interview Andrea!

tscrapper said...

Great interview that really showcases the items in your shop!