Monday, December 29, 2008

New Year's Eve Ideas

I've never much been a fan of New Year's Eve. So much pressure to have a fun time. Every year I struggle with making plans and this year is no different. G and I still don't know exactly what we are doing.

When I was little all the aunts and uncles and cousins would get together. We'd sip white grape juice from plastic champagne flutes, have tons of noisemakers and confetti, and wreak havoc on the poor host's house.

When I got to middle and high school, I went to the same party every year. It was a birthday/New Year's thing and we'd watch movies, play pool, and stay up half the night.

For the last 10 or so years, it has been a struggle to make it "perfect". Last year we were invited to a black tie wedding. I think a lot of people would be against this idea because they'd want to make their own plans. I on the other hand was ecstatic. A fancy affair, good food and entertainment, surrounded by friends, and planned by someone else!
With that said, if I were planning on doing something fun for New Year's Eve, I would most likely use the following ideas. They all look super easy and super cute. See for yourself!
Hostess With The Mostess has some super cute ideas...including directions for this awesome sparkler cake!

Check out Hostess With The Mostess for these New Year's drinks.

Visit Martha Stewart to get instructions for this noisemaker centerpiece.

Visit Martha Stewart to learn how to make these confetti favor bags.

No comments: